When you are charged with a DUI in Florida, it’s best to hire an experienced Florida Driving Under the Influence (DUI) attorney as soon as possible. Most of us are aware that DUI is a serious criminal offense that can result in harsh penalties. When arrested for DUI, you can suffer heavy fines, imprisonment, and suspension / revocation of your driver’s license. Even if permitted to drive after being convicted of a DUI offense, you may be required to have an ignition interlock device installed in any vehicle that you own or operate. When you find yourself accused of drunk driving, there are several effective defenses that may be available to you and can be used by a skilled DUI defense attorney to protect your interests!
- When you or a family member has been arrested for DUI, there are a number of defense strategies available. We strongly recommend hiring us as your lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner we get to work on your case, the sooner we can begin to protect your rights.
- Our Law Firm will investigate your DUI arrest thoroughly to determine if the police violated any procedures or rights. If they did, we can often get the charges reduced or the case dismissed.
- We can challenge the results of breathalyzer tests, blood alcohol concentration tests (BAC) or other sobriety tests.
- We will aggressively negotiate with the State Attorney for a lesser charge Reckless Driving. If a traffic citation was added to the charge, or if you are facing a drug charge as a result of the stop, we will represent you on those charges as well.
- We can work with you to protect your driving privileges by scheduling an early DMV Hearing.
- If this is your first offense, you make qualify for a new program recently implemented by the Hillsborough County State Attorney office. This is similar to a deferred prosecution program. This may allow you to get your DUI reduced to a Reckless Driving Charge.
Defense attorneys appointed by the state, as talented as they may be, frequently are overloaded with clients and do not have the time to build a strong defense. We will do what it takes to protect your rights.